Thursday, September 18, 2008

Please Address my Mail to Central Park...I'll be on the bench by the zoo...

I’ve been looking for an apartment for almost a month now and all I have to say is, “AHHHHHHHH!”

It’s so frustrating. I call. I go see a place. It’s pretty much crap, but that’s what I’m going to get for my 1,000 a month in Manhattan. Plus utilities. Then I say I might be interested—I’m nice, charming, well dressed, not crazy…

AND I NEVER HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN! It’s a little frustrating. Maybe instead of indifference I should respond with, “Please, dear God, let me live with you? I’ll bake you cookies. I’ll do your laundry. I just don’t want to be homeless?”

What do these people want? They are living in hovels. And they want ME to live in hovels with them. And be ecstatically enthusiastic about the prospect. Excuse me for not jumping for joy. Ugh. I think I give up. I’ll live with the hobos in Central Park.

At least that’s free.

Well--except for bribing the police to let me stay after dark…

2 comments:

Arianna said...

Oh, no problem; just flash 'em a little cleavage, they'll let you stay.

People are so rude!! I hope you find a place soon. :( Apartment hunting is my new worst nightmare.

But you're GOING TO THE EMMYS THIS WEEKEND!!! whee!!!

Thalasas Nymphe said...

Boo...I'm sorry. Did you decide on Manhattan over Brooklyn then? I'm a little behind...