Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Resolutions and Other Bric-a-Brac

I made a resolution yesterday. Two in fact. And I’m going to share these resolutions with you so you can keep me accountable.

First: I’m going to cook more. I’m sick of Amy’s Organic microwavable meals (as much as I love their tofu brown rice bowls!) and I’m ready to chop my own potatoes, smell the curry adequately before I put it in my mouth, and just enjoy my food. I feel like that preparation process is essential to really experiencing different meals. And I also feel like my personality doesn’t do well with boredom. I’m Italian. I love pleasure. I love spices. I know this. So why don’t I try to take pleasure in all things? And since I HAVE to eat, I might as well start there. So look forward to some good food posts coming soon.

Second: I’m going to learn about wine tasting. I’ve always wanted to. And since I’m getting that job with Anthropologie I’m going to have some extra money. So…I’m going to look into a wine tasting class. And start learning.

So those were my resolutions yesterday. Bug me about them if you notice I’m slacking. ☺

Besides our building fire drill (not as exciting as it sounds), going out to lunch with some sales friends and reading my new favorite blog (www.threelayercake.com) it was a pretty uneventful day. After work I went down to Soho to have my second interview with Anthro and look around. I really love that area—it’s the perfect mixture of old New York and new New York. Culture and class. Quarky and fabulous. When you all come visit me we’ll have to go down there. There is some GREAT shopping. I’m going to go down there with a camera and give you a online “tour” some weekend. I have Fifth Ave. done from the weekend before last, I just have to load them.

So I guess that’s it for today. Keep the faith peeps. I know I am.

7 comments:

Emily J said...

I admire your efforts, and I WILL keep you accountable. Since I know nothing about wine, I'm looking forward to future posts.

Although I have to say LOL! that I, too, love pleasure, spices, and food, and I am not, to my knowledge, in the least bit Italian. Just wanted to remind you that yours is not the Supreme Race.

That would be the Slavic peoples. ;-)

P.S. If you are so bored at work, you should get on Gchat and talk to me!! I'm bored right now, too.

Thalasas Nymphe said...

Ohhh, Emily. Why must we go over this again and again? We all know that Germans rule!

Before Emily provoked these semi-nationalist sentiments within me, I was just going to say that I love the word bric-a-brac. Lovely post.

heather said...

Hmmmm...thinking....

And no--it's true--Italians ARE the supreme race. Nudity and vespas notwithstanding.

And I love bric-a-brac too...such a delight to say too...

Arianna said...

What's wrong with nudity? =D

It's been said that enjoying your food actually helps with healthy weight. Thinking about your food instead of mindlessly munching keeps you more accountable. So, score one more.

I love you!

Emily J said...

I have no idea why you don't show up on my Gchat, because I'M not invisible, and you ARE on my list, but it never says you're online! Seriously, double-u tee eff?

heather said...

Oh...NOTHING is wrong with nudity. Nudity on vespas is a whole other story...

heather said...

OH...and weird about gchat emily...I don't know--maybe my work blocks it or something? I don't have facecbook chat either...gross...