Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm Not a Zombie, Not Yet a Woman

After falling fast asleep at 8pm last night and not waking up until 7:30 this morning—I think I’m finally feeling less like a zombie. It was amazing. One second I was reading The Concise Guide to Magazine Marketing and the next minute my alarm was going off. I didn’t even hear my roommate come in. I think my body was telling me something…

I guess I still owe you guys LA or Bust: Part Two. I’ll work on that in a bit. First I want to share some observations on my new job at Anthropologie. Or “Anthro” as I’m supposed to call it now.

I started a few weeks ago. It’s a fun job, for the most part. I like the girls I’m working with. It’s fun to look through all the clothes and home stuff. The not so fun part is closing the store—which involves folding each and every piece of clothing and making sure EVERYTHING is perfect. It takes pretty much forever and a day. Unfortunately that is usually what I end up doing, due to the fact that I have a full time job during the day. There is also a whole different language I’m supposed to use while I’m working. Instead of using the ladies room, I use the “conference room.” If I see someone suspicious, I alert other associates by asking them to “help my friend Nick (or Nicky)” over the walkie. Everyone is so perky. It’s actually a little like working at Disney again. Overall, not a horrible place to pick up an extra four to five hundred a month. But I could see it getting old very fast.

I’m also almost done putting together my furniture. Before I fell asleep last night I almost finished my desk. After that, all I have to do is put together my dresser. I’m hoping I don’t ruin anything…

3 comments:

Thalasas Nymphe said...

Ooo, then I'd better put in my order before you decide to quit working there. Is there a limit to what you can by on discount? Can I email you my order? I guess it might also depend on what you have in stock.

Thalasas Nymphe said...

Also, I love your secret codes.

Anonymous said...

hahaha what happens if you really DO have a friend Nick/Nicky come in who needs help?!?? ;)