Friday, October 24, 2008

The Heather Update (Oct 24th Edition)

Here is my news for the day in bulleted format for your scanning pleasure:

• Emily is coming this weekend! So I’m going to meet her in midtown around 10 tonight. I have a flexible itinerary and I hope we make the most of this visit. I’m hoping to do touristy things on Saturday (Broadway, Empire State, Times Square) and real New York things on Sunday (brunch, Magnolias, Canal Street, jay walking…). I’m so excited! So until she gets here (after work) I’m going to the MoMA free Friday night event and then I’m going to finish up some stuff at the apartment.
• For those of you who were concerned—this week was much better than last week. I did some expenses, helped write some copy for an advertorial, planned an office wedding shower and went to (and planned) an Emmy “thank you” lunch. It was much less stressful. It was actually pretty entertaining. I also caught up on my blogs. My new favorite is www.restaurantgal.com. Check it out (but you have to start from the beginning).
• I got tickets to see Jon Stewart! My tickets are for February (that’s how long you have to get them in advance). I’ll let you know how that goes.
• My furniture is completely put together! All I need now is a tv, chair/love seat and everything will be perfect. I’ll post pictures when a) I find my camera and b) I feel like the apartment is ready for it’s blog debut.
• I met another boy! His name is Todd. But I’m not sure if I really like him yet. He has this annoying discoloration on his front tooth and every time he talks it’s kind of distracting. But we’ll see…He’s a nice guy. We have a date on Tuesday night. I think we’re going to the Buddha Bar in the Meat Packing district. Fun times.
• I found a miracle tea. It’s made by the Republic of Tea and I swear—I’ve drank it for the past few mornings and my breakouts have disappeared. It’s called “Get Gorgeous” and you can find it at Whole Foods. Check it out!


Ta ta for now!

XXOO

2 comments:

Thalasas Nymphe said...

Haha - I'm driving to Whole Foods right now to get some of that tea on the way home from school. You must be good at marketing.

Have fun this weekend!

Jessica Holmes said...

I could use that tea...you should bring me some.

We need to chat again. I miss you!