Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Rant Magnum Opus

I WANT TO GO HOME!

I'm cold, depressed, tired and angry at the world.

Can this be over now?

And to top it all off I got food poisoning yesterday. From Thai food consumed in dimmed lighting. Let this be a warning to you all: NEVER eat Asian food when you can't tell how well it's cooked. Bad, bad times.

All I want is a beach and my friends and family. Is that too much to ask? I don't think so. I've suffered through enough winters. Why the hell am I here? What is my problem? Why can't I just let myself do the easy thing for ONCE!

Sorry about all the complaining. I actually didn't mean to do this but since it's out there now...might as well send it out into the void. So good night, dear void.

4 comments:

Emily J said...

1. Oh, my gosh. You've Got Mail reference.

2. I miss you, Heather, and I wish I could come up to NYC right now and give you a hug and crackers and soda and tell you that it's going to be okay. Unfortunately, via blog post all I can do is say that it's gonna be okay.

3. Wanting a beach, friends, and family is quite a switch from wanting diamonds, Chanel, and a yacht. And dare I say, much better.

4. If you want to come back to the DC area, there's room for you here. I kid you not. (My company is even hiring someone to do the same thing I do.)

5. Life just isn't easy. There's never really an "easy" way, because there are always two sides to everything, and plenty of compromises to make.

6. The "word verification" for this comment was "gapworm." Is that what you had?

7. I love you, Heather. Please don't give up.

Arianna said...

Call me anytime. I love you! I'm hating winter right along with you.

Thalasas Nymphe said...

Oh, Heather. I hope things are going better. I wish all the snow would leave you and come to me.

Red said...

Heather, YOU are my Florida. *cue the "sunshine" music* And you're so much more awesome and amazing than the state itself. Plus I have yet to see you littered with styrofoam cups or roadkill. ;D I am a horrible person.
If it makes you feel any better I nearly called Seigel on a break to ask him what the ancient capital of Macedonia was. "It's a four letter word ending in 'LLA'" Can you imagine the look on his face? Miss you chica!