Saturday, January 17, 2009

My First Saturday Recipe Post: Tofu Scrambled Wrap

Hey All!

Welcome to my first ever Saturday recipe post. I hope to make this a weekly update. So, the recipe I made today is a Tofu Scrambled Wrap. And it is delicious! So the ingredients you need are as follows:




Firm tofu: 2 cups
Salsa: 1/2 cup
Kalamata olives: 1/3 cup
Nutritional yeast: 1/3 cup
Olive Oil: 1 tbsp
Sea Salt: 1/2 tsp
Garlic powder: 1 tsp
Onion powder: 1 tsp
Tumeric: 1 tsp
Whole Wheat Tortillas



So first you heat the oil in a pan and add the tofu, cooking it for about 2 minutes. Then add the olives and salsa and mix well.





It should look something like this photo. Yummy. It smells really great!



Next, add the nutritional yeast (a great vegetarian supplement and thickener) and the rest of the seasonings.



Remove from heat. Then get your tortilla and a leaf of lettuce and enjoy!


Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Thalasas Nymphe said...

I'll have to try this!

Emily J said...

Looks interesting. Unfortunately, you lost me at the tofu.

...and the olives.

Arianna said...

I might try that with chicken and corn tortillas. You're amazing!

Thalasas Nymphe said...

Ohhh, but now I don't know what you really think. I remember you saying that you hated the harness boots. Or that you thought they were ugly. Or something.
Am I wrong? Do you like any of them?

Thalasas Nymphe said...

:o) Well, I guess you're right...you can't argue with that! I actually tried some on in Nordstrom today and then disappointed the salesman by saying I was going to "save up" for them...haha.