Thursday, March 19, 2009

Assorted Vignettes: Muffins, Mexico and the Met

It’s been a while since I’ve updated. I wish I were better at posting every day, but things have been so busy! It’s been a VERY busy few weeks…busy, but good. My stomach has been hurting randomly though and I can’t figure it out. Maybe it’s stress? I feel like I blame everything on that. What will I do when I don’t have it anymore? I’m not going to know what to do with myself.

Today I came into work early because we were having a department meeting and it’s my job to pick up something for breakfast. I chose muffins. But I didn’t eat one because of the aforementioned stomach ailment. They looked yummy too. Boo on my digestive system.

Also, today I was reminded how much I love newspapers. Especially the Journal and their amazing off-the-wall feature they always do on the front page below the fold. The headlines were especially good today like: “In France, Oui to Bailout, Non to Layoffs” and my personal favorite, “On Fly Casting’s Urban Frontier, The Fish Are Big, the Water’s Dirty.” Doesn’t that just confuse you enough to want to read more? So good.


Jess and I also got our first Lincoln School newsletter! The principle attached a small map of the town we’ll be living in and it looks absolutely darling (see the map to the right). After New York, it will be so refreshing to live in a place with cobblestone streets. And they even have sushi and a modern art museum! I’m very excited about the possibilities. On another—but related—note I got a reply back from the US consulate in Guadalajara and they said that the area was fine and no violence was going on apart from the normal amounts of violence that happen in a big city (it’s the second biggest in Mexico). I think after New York (and Brooklyn!), I can handle it.

In other news, last weekend Katie and Laura came up to visit and their company was so fantastic! We packed a lot into the weekend too: the Met, a FANTASTIC vegan restaurant, a performance by the Paul Taylor dance company, church in the Village, sushi, Magnolias cupcakes and a visit to see Dr. Cuneo and his family in Yonkers. I believe a fun time was had by all and I would welcome another visit from those two ANY time!

Well, kiddos, I’m going to finish up reading my paper now. And then I should probably get to work. Blah. Competitves. Yuck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh I like your list of things to do before you leave NYC! I didn't realize there was an actual stoop of Carrie's :P

Emily J said...

Don't forget, you're supposed to be planning a trip to DC! Miss you!

Thalasas Nymphe said...

"Yonkers"...such a terrible name for a town. But Dr. Cuneo & Co. are awesome.

Hope your tummy has been feeling better recently.