Friday, November 14, 2008

And Life Goes On...

I just bought myself a ticket to the Metropolitan Opera to see Madame Butterfly. I loved La Boheme when I went with Katie and Judith in Chicago and I read a review in the Times and they said this production is beautiful, so I’m really excited and have high expectations. I love Puccini. What has Hillsdale done to me?

In other news, my dad came to visit me last night. We had sushi at a Japanese restaurant (that wasn’t that expensive!) and then I showed him my new apartment. He kept saying, “I’m so proud of you.” I haven’t told him I’m leaving yet, and apparently my mom has stayed mum. That’s going to be a bit difficult. He kept saying things like, “you’re a role model to your sister” and “you’ve really done good, kid.” Oh and…”you’re really lucky, people would kill for this opportunity.” That was my favorite. I kept saying things like, “I don’t want to be a role model” and “yeah, New York is great but I can’t live here very much longer.” He didn’t get the hint. I really hope I don’t disappoint him too much.

I’m having a house warming party on Saturday. And none of my friends can make it. Which isn’t surprising because a) most people have plans three weekends in advance, b) most of my friends are in the DC area and traveling is a lot of trouble and money and c) my apartment is sort of off the beaten track all the way in Brooklyn. So all these things combined makes it mostly my roommate’s party. And I’m still helping to pay for the booze. Which, is my fault entirely, as I always have to be liked, etc and told her I didn’t mind. I will be getting very, VERY drunk on Saturday night. I have to drink my half all by myself.

On a more cheerful note, Megan, Erin and Tessa are coming to spend Thanksgiving with me. I am so excited I can’t even handle it. We have a plan that is going to be VERY interesting. If you need specifics I can tell you individually. Suffice it to say, we will all be changed women when it is over. And sore most likely.

For my birthday my office bought me a “Sex in the City” cupcake that was completely pink with green frosting. It was fantastic. And I also went out for lunch with some co-workers and got Sushi at a karaoke restaurant. So we got our own little karaoke room. No singing, but plenty of laughing. It was a good time. Not perfect, but an adequately good time.

I’m 23 now. Damn, I’m old.

5 comments:

Arianna said...

ahahahahaha....I know exactly what your plans are, but the way you describe it makes it sound really bad. hahahaha! That makes my day.

Emily J said...

OK I don't know what your plans are but I really really want to know now. I'm sure it will be hilarious!

Anonymous said...

haha you're catchin' up, youngin'! ;) Are y'all going to go to the Macy's Day Parade? That would be amazing...

Anna said...

WHAT ARE THE PLANS?????????? I'm so curious!

Angy said...

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING FOR THANKSGIVING!!

(I'm guessing it involves hair removal...)