Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Blues

Yesterday it started really snowing. The kind of snow you can see on your black coat for more than two seconds. The kind of snow that sticks.

Yuck.

It actually got warmer, oddly enough, before the blessed event. I guess I’ll take warmer weather and icy precipitation over frigid wind and piercing rain.

I’ve been feeling down lately. And it’s not because of the snow (I don’t think). I’m just…blah. And it’s a little strange because I can’t put a finger on why I should feel this way. Greedy Katie is coming up on Friday. My sister is here picking up my laundry and cooking me dinner. My parents are coming next week. It’s Christmas for crying out loud! What’s my problem? I’m going to make a decision to snap out of it. And I’m going for a run today. Yay, endorphins.

Tomorrow Sarah and I are going to a salon. She’s getting a cut, style, and manicure. I’m getting an ion treatment. My hair is so fried after years of straightening it really needs some conditioning. Professional conditioning.

Last night, Sarah and I ate veggie burgers and salad and watched Thelma and Louise. I put it in my Netflix queue because EW ranked it one of the 40 hottest movies. Let’s just say the only hot part of the movie was watching the two drive their Thunderbird off the Grand Cannon with sweat dripping from their foreheads. Brad Pitt performed his role with a country accent and he might have been the only entertaining part of the movie outside of the ending. I forgot how lanky he used to be. But my goodness…what an ass. Then I painted Sarah’s toenails and went to sleep.

It was an exciting evening.

2 comments:

Jessica Holmes said...

I ate veggie burgers last night too!

I think Christmastime somehow invites feeling down. I don't know why. But it always, at some point, makes me feel down.

But, you're doing what I've learned is all I can do, and that's just to decide I'm not going to feel that way.

Have fun at the salon, it sounds great!

Anonymous said...

ahh nothing like Thelma and Louise to make you hate men ;)