Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas time is here...

Last night they lighted the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center. I decided that I should go and made myself some hot tea before heading down there around 6:30.

I thought I knew what it felt to be like a sardine in the subway? That was NOTHING compared to this madness. But it was jolly madness, so I sipped my hot tea and listened to all the families around me and started to feel a sweet loneliness. It was mostly a good time.

The tree was beautiful. I can’t wait to go skating with Sarah when she comes next week. We’ll also go shopping down there. And get a Magnolia cupcake (they have a store in midtown now!) Life will be good.

5 comments:

Emily J said...

There's nothing like the feeling of sweet loneliness, is there?

I hope you and Sarah have a great visit together. Hate to miss her, but...I suppose that's life.

Emily J said...

P.S. *SIGH* I said someone in HISTORY, Heather!! That means someone who is DEAD! Someone younger than yourself cannot be "a person in history."

Arianna said...

sigh...I want to come visit too!!! Sorry I missed you last night; you called just as we arrived at my in-laws for dinner. Plus I've seen Johnny a total of 4 hours in the past 3 days.
I'll call you this evening.

LOVE!

Anonymous said...

oooh NYC at Christmastime...I'm so jealous :)

Tiffany said...

That is such a beautiful tree :) I love New York at Christmas time. Some stores here have decorations but not like back home. Hope you and Sarah have a wonderful visit.